I thought memes were like lolface and trollface and 'took an arrow to the knee..."
Anyway, blatantly stolen from ladyhadhafang! *Waves*
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I worked on a movie set. :) I joined LJ too, and started Tea Ceremony lessons.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, but they probably weren't very realistic either. As for New Year resolutions, they should be made all year round anyway.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. But a lot of MJ related people did, Elizabeth Taylor, one of his best friends, Frank Dileo, his long time manager and Dennis Hopkins, his long time stylist.
5. What countries did you visit?
None in person. (Read: broke.) But I visited the Hobbiton set on Google Earth!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Oh man. A TARDIS maybe? If that fails, a car. Perfect flat. Endless kimono and other assorted kitsuke stuff.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 21st. Return to Middle Earth!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working on a movie set, saving lots of money.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not planning ahead enough, and not keeping perspective on where I wanna go.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Bad allergies and a amazing flu.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My beautiful canary yellow kimono!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Pretty pathetic that no one comes to mind...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Um. America. Like, all the partying at Osama Bin Laden's death. Innocent people suffered, allied soldiers suffered because of all those partying rednecks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Like most, Party Rock Anthem.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Not really much difference I think...
ii. thinner or fatter?
A few months ago, I was thinner, and now I no longer am, lol.
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More movie set work.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Lazing about and wasting time doing un
20. How will (did) you be spending Christmas?
Just stayed home and had lunch and chocolates, lol.
21. At any point in the past year did you do something that you consider completely out of your usual character?
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not with someone, but people should fall in love all the time, with ideas and things.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Don't really watch it.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read this year?
Didn't read many but I did read Jermaine Jackson's book about Michael, which was good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Don't really have one.
28. What did you want and get?
Not all that much, wasn't really expecting anything..
29. What did you want and not get?
An MJ jacket. :(
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Haven't seen many. And in fact, this year has been pretty crap in the cinema department.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Can't remember, lol, it was last January. Turned 20.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A car, lol.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Comfortable but well dressed.
34. What kept you sane?
Not much, which is fantastic!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not so much 'fancy' but I love Michael Jackson!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Definitely the over fishing of our Ocean and the Taiji Dolphin slaughter.
37. Who did you miss?
No one really.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
No one really stands out. Although I shook Reece Mastin's hand, winner of X Factor Australia.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Get a car. Even if you aren't gonna use it much. Insurance only costs a few hundred a year and if you live in a remote place like me, no one will employ you without one.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Can't think of anything, seriously, lol.
Your main fandom of the year?
Definitely Star Wars, as usual but am re-discovering LotR again. LotR is the most memorable of the two, with SW a very close second but I find it hard to be an active online member of the LotR communities because Tolkien is sooo deep.
Your favorite film watched this year?
Well that hasn't happened yet unfortunately and probably wont happen til War Horse. Tin Tin was good though.
Your favorite book read this year?
You Are Not Alone Michael by Jermaine Jackson.
Your favorite album or song to listen to this year?
Don't really have one.
Your favorite TV show of the year?
Again, don't have one, lol.
Your favorite LJ community of the year?
Anakin&Padme, lol, and swicons, lol.
Your best new fandom discovery of the year?
Don't really have one.
Your biggest fandom disappointment of the year?
Again, don't have one.
Your fandom boyfriend of the year?
I don't understand this question...
Your fandom girlfriend of the year?
... Nor this one, lol.
Your biggest squee moment of the year?
The most missed of your old fandoms?
Maybe Pirates of the Carribean?
The fandom you haven't tried yet, but want to?
Doctor Who probably. So much history one would need to catch up on.
Your biggest fan anticipations for the New Year?
That's me for 2011!